Activision Blizzard announced today that the third expansion for World of Warcraft, Cataclysm, will be available starting December 7 worldwide.
Cataclysm is “not just an expansion, but a re-creation of much of the original Azeroth, complete with epic new high-level adventures for current players and a redesigned leveling experience for those just starting out,” as Mike Morhaime, CEO of Blizzard, puts it.
Cataclysm also raises the current level cap up to 85 and introduces two new races, the Goblins of the Lost Isles and Worgen of the forgotten city of Gilneas.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm releases on December 7 for $39.99 for the PC and Mac.
Source: press release
- Lost Planet 2 coming October 15 for PC
- It’s the End of the World as MotorStorm Knows It
- StarCraft II balance patch lands tomorrow
- Epic New StarCraft 2 Trailer, “Ghosts of the Past”
- Torchlight still coming to XBLA/PSN, may be out by end of year